|4 - 6 April 2008||Persada Johor International Convention Centre, Johor Bahru, Johor|
|Dewan Perbandaran Taiping, Taiping, Perak|
|Level 5, Permata Car Park Building, Kuching, Sarawak|
|Dewan Masyarakat Sandakan, Sandakan, Sabah|
|Dewan Masyarakat Tawau, Tawau, Sabah|
|11 - 13 April 2008||KL Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur|
|Stadium Indera Mulia, Ipoh, Perak|
|Berjaya Megamall, Kuantan, Pahang|
|Dewan Milenium, Kepala Batas, Penang|
|Dewan Jubli Intan Sultan Ibrahim, Muar, Johor|
|18 - 20 April 2008||Penang International Sports Arena, Penang|
|Mahkota Parade Melaka, Melaka|
|Sibu Trade & Exhibition Centre, Sibu, Sarawak|
|Miri Indoor Stadium, Miri, Sarawak|
|Dewan Merdeka MPM, Seri Manjung, Perak|
It’s amazing how fast four months can just slip by. December 2007 saw the last installment of the thrice annual computer fair organised by PIKOM. Now four months later we’re starting the cycle anew.
On a personal note, it’s also amazing how my list of things to buy from the fair never grows any shorter, even though I’ve attended and purchased an item or two from every installment since 2005. It has gone to the point that I have a silent agreement with the boss that I will be late to work on the first day of PIKOM PC Fair.
It’s therefore a shame that I’ll have to give this PC Fair a miss. I’ll be out of the country the day it starts in Kuala Lumpur and won’t be back until long after they’ve packed up the last exhibition booth.
For the sake of tradition, this is what I would be looking for if I were able to make it:
- ADSL Modem + Wireless router (2 in 1)
- My ADSL modem and WiFi router suffered from lightning surge. They’ve since replaced the WiFi router with a new one under warranty but I’ve decided to install that at my in-law’s place and get a combo ADSL modem + Wireless router for my parents.
- WiFi dongle
- I’ve been meaning to set up the PC for my parents so they can call out using Skype. The wired setup is a bit troublesome. I’m thinking a wireless setup would make it easier for my parents to use.
- Wireless keyboard + mouse
- Hooking up the PC to the TV. Would be pointless if they had to stand in front of the television to use the keyboard and mouse.
- Surge protector
- This being the fifth time the modem was fried while operating at my parents’ place, I suspect that a good surge protector is very much in order.
That’s my shopping list. Too bad I can’t actually walk the rounds and make the purchases myself. I keep telling people that the hunt is where the fun is. Anyone want to volunteer their services?